Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen

So The Vampire Stalker is one of those books that's tailored for just about every fangirl ever. Including me. It's basically a girl living out my fantasy of living out my fantasy. Huzzah!

Amy is your typical fangirl, in love with a sexy vampire hunter that doesn't exist. Except that he does. Otherworld is basically 1920's Chicago-plus-vampires-with-a-vengeful-hot-hunter-on-the-loose. That was a mouthful. Anyway, your fictional Stephanie Meyer-type author is actually an empath looking into Otherworld from the real world and writing about it, without knowing it. And then our hot vampire hunter is "scientifically" transported into Amy's (our) world. Diepen incorporates some modern physics string theory that about 90% of people reading this book wouldn't understand in detail. I do because I'm ridiculously good a retaining information from physics class (hence my test average being more than double my homework average), but you get the idea from what she says.

Oh, and Amy is friends with her school librarian, who was a physics major getting her Ph.D. and got kicked out for believing in this "literary physics." I found that a little weird.

The book is very light, and reads super quick. I finished in a few hours reading the ebook version. I recommend it, though. 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment