Friday, June 24, 2011

Review: Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Well, I just finished Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini 5 minutes ago and I have nothing better to do than blog about it, because I'm officially out for the summer! :D

Anyway.

I loved it. It was exactly what I'd been looking for recently. A genuine paranormal romance plus a pretty exciting plot. It was nice to see the great chemistry between Helen and Lucas. You really don't see that as often as you used to these days. It was as if their falling in love was only natural, but genuine and special all the same. Props to Josephine Angelini for that, and thank you for not putting a ton of unnecessary angst in there. Any other author might have tried to make Helen way more angst-y in an attempt to have girls connect with her. I personally found more satisfaction in the respect I developed for Helen's character than I would have if I had to suffer unnecessarily alongside her. It was really refreshing and I appreciated that.

My only critique would be that I wished there was a meeting-like scene where the characters reviewed everything they knew in an effort to plan. Different histories in the story line and tidbits about the past and the Houses kept getting mixed up in one another. Yeah, I get that it's supposed to be vague, but there were some big connections that I feel I was too confused to make. Overall, though, it was not really a hindrance to the reading and just a small critique, at that.

Hoping for a fast release on a sequel?

Fantastic! 4.5/5 stars!

Sincerely,
The Binge Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment