Friday, June 10, 2011

Review: Illusions (Wings #3) by Aprilynne Pike

Hi, all.

I just finished Illusions by Aprilynne Pike, book three in the Wings series. I have to say, I loved it. My favorite part was the unpredictability of the plot line. Usually, about halfway to the climax of a book I'll guess what's going to happen, but Illusions kept me going in circles, gaining and losing suspicions over and over. It was really refreshing. Yuki kept me guessing until the very end, and I'm all Team Tamani, but throughout the whole book I couldn't figure out who Laurel would end up choosing. I did wish Laurel would figure out that she loves Tamani right before some dramatic moment when she's interrupted by trolls stomping through the forest and Tam having to protect her with his life. Hey, it's the fangirl in me.

I do also wish Laurel would stop going in circles, though. David, Tamani, David, Tamani. Ok, seriously? Make up your mind, it's a little old. My only other criticism is how much Pike left open at the end. It was too much of a cliffhanger. I don't mind cliffhangers, but it's always more effective when there's only one major drama left unsolved at the end. What with the decision between Tam and David, Yuki, Clea, and the trolls, there was too much left unexplained.

Other than that, I loved it. I really like Chelsea's character in particular. She's pretty believable, yet undeniably cool. On a side note, I want parents like Laurel's. So awesome. Anyway, Team Tamani all the way!

My Rating: 4/5 stars! Highly recommended.

Until next time,
The Binge Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment